The patient dialog
is where you enter details about a patient. You get to this
by either selecting New Patient,
Edit Patient or View Patient from the Patients Tab on the main screen
You can customise the fields which appear on this dialog, and the
captions for each field. See the Columns
for People tab within the Display Options dialog for
further information. The following fields, and those shown in the
screenshot above, are the fields which are available by default:
- Patient ID - is automatically
generated when a new record is created, and cannot be changed
- Barcode ID - defaults to the ID of the
patient, but can be changed to any value. This is the value
encoded into the barcode on a patient card.
- First Name - enter the first name of
- Surname - enter the surname of the patient.
- Address - enter the address of the patient (optional)
- Phone Number - enter the phone
number of the patient (optional)
- View History - this allows you to
view the history for this patient - i.e. when items were
returned, etc... See Patient
for further information.
- View Picture (not shown by default)
- when the "picture" column is enabled in the Display
Options dialog a button will be shown next to the View History button. Clicking
on this button will bring up a new dialog. A JPEG image can be
loaded from a file using this dialog and stored against the
patient. Storing of large
size images against many patient records may severely reduce
performance in Baslogue.
It is recommended that you make the image files as small as
Also, be aware that the Database Edition of Baslogue will handle a
large number of images more efficiently than the Standalone Edition.
or Go to the Baslogue Home Page
Ltd (A.C.N. 110 519 723)